In recent years, self-managed superannuation funds (SMSFs) have become increasingly popular as they give you the opportunity to manage your own fund. As long as you are prepared to commit the time and accept the compliance responsibility, you are able to make the decisions about your retirement savings.
However, keep in mind that an SMSF requires careful management to ensure it remains compliant with the myriad of regulatory and legislative requirements. It's also important to regularly review your investment strategy to ensure it remains appropriate and keeps you on track to achieve your retirement goals.
How we can help you
Whether you already have an SMSF or are thinking about setting one up, we offer specialised support services which can be tailored to suit your needs including:
- assistance with administration and compliance, including tax returns, financial statements preparation and lodgements
- facilitating annual independent audit
- fund and trust deed establishment
- transfer of existing funds
- pension establishment
- investment advice, including owning property in your SMSF
- tax and strategic advice.
To learn more about SMSFs, take a look at our range of helpful guides and tools.
If you have an existing SMSF or are interested in setting one up, contact us today and let's discuss how we can help you.
* SMSF administration services are provided by Shadforth Business Advisory Services Pty Ltd