In recent years, self-managed superannuation funds (SMSFs) have become increasingly popular as they give you the opportunity to manage your own fund. As long as you are prepared to commit the time and accept the compliance responsibility, you are able to make the decisions about your retirement savings. One factor all SMSFs have in common is that they require careful management to ensure they remain compliant with the myriad of regulatory and legislative requirements. Most important is the need to regularly review your fund's investment strategy so you remain on track to achieving your retirement aspirations.
How we can help you
Whether you have an existing SMSF or are considering setting one up, we offer specialised support services which can be tailored to suit your needs including:
- administrative and compliance assistance including preparation of financial statements, tax returns and lodgements
- facilitating the annual independent audit
- fund and trust deed establishment
- existing fund transfers
- pension establishment
- investment advice, including owning property in your SMSF
- tax and strategic advice.
To learn more about SMSFs, take a look at our range of helpful guides and tools.
If you have an existing SMSF or are interested in setting one up, contact us today and let's discuss how we can help you.
* SMSF administration services are provided by Shadforth Business Advisory Services Pty Ltd ABN 83 129 726 941